Saturday, June 12, 2010

Apollonian Circles

I am a geometry nut. I used to make stuff like this all the time. I love the complexity of how these circles interfere and seem 3D.


Initial set of circles with 90 degree separation (4 sets)


Same but thicker lines



60 degree separation (6 sets)

My source code for these is in java and will print direct to a printer. I'll send it to anyone that is interested.

Some interesting reading:

Source Code for above
Apollonian Circles (Wikipedia)
Apollonian Circles( Google Images )
A Tisket, a Tasket, an Apollonian Gasket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in checking out your java code!!

I'm writing a program in Python that generates Vicsek fractals... it should be done by tomorrow or maybe the next day, but I'd love to show it to you.

What do you say-- can we trade fractal programs? :D

David Hagar said...

Sure where can I send it ?

Anonymous said...

Oh hey, it didn't tell me you replied!

Try

Thanks :)

Where can I send the Vicsek?